More than 20 states across the country have legalized the use of medical marijuana. There has always been a controversy surrounding the use of recreational marijuana but people believe that the drug has immense benefits on the health of an individual. Researchers are trying to understand the impact of the drug on human body. There are two chemicals in marijuana. One is cannabidiol which has an impact on the brain without giving you a high and the other is tetrahydrocannabinol which has the ability to relieve pain. Here are some of the lesser known medicinal uses of marijuana.
- It helps treat Glaucoma: An eye disease known as Glaucoma can be treated by marijuana. This disease increases the pressure on the eyeball and can cause a loss of vision. When you use marijuana to treat the same, it decreases the pressure in the eye and can slow down the progression of the disease as well as prevent blindness.
- Helps reverse the carcinogenic effect of tobacco: Studies have shown that marijuana will not impair the lung function and can actually increase the capacity of the lung. There are a lot of tobacco smokers who lose lung function over time but if you use marijuana, you can actually increase the capacity of the lungs.
- It helps control epileptic seizures: Studies have shown that marijuana can help prevent epileptic seizures. The active ingredients in marijuana like cannabinoids and THC help control the seizures by binding to the brain cells which are responsible for the control of excitability and the regulation of relaxation.
- Slows the progression of Alzheimer’s: A lot of people suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and do not find any cure for the same. With the use of marijuana, it is possible to slow down the progression of the disease. The active chemical, THC which is present in marijuana can slow the formation of plaques by blocking the enzyme in the brain. The plaques will kill the brain cells which lead to Alzheimer’s. Kushly Marijuana offers a medicinal cure to a number of diseases and medical illness. However, it is best to consult a professional with regard to the dosage of the same.
- Decreases the symptoms of Dravet syndrome: The extreme Dravet syndrome can lead to seizure and severe delays in the development of an individual. Using marijuana can significantly reduce the seizures. Doctors say that cannabidiol in the plant tends to interact with the brain cells so as to quieten the excessive activity inside the brain which eventually leads to the seizures.
In addition to the health benefits like relieving chronic pain and coping with issues like stress, anxiety and depression, these are the five lesser known medical illnesses that can be cured with the use of marijuana. However, it is important to use marijuana in limited doses and it is best to consult a professional doctor before you start to use marijuana as a cure to an illness. Excessive consumption might lead to side effects as well.