In industrial age with strong and quick developments of technology and foods, human work out less and eat more fast food. That is also the reason for the increasing number of obese people nowadays.
Scientists in Cambridge University have just conducted an experiment about the association between weight and natural contractions of the brain following ages. They tested 473 adults, who are from the age of 20 to 87 and have different amount of weight.
The results showed that thin people had the content of white matter higher than overweight ones. Obese people had an average of 10 years aging brain comparing to people who were at the same age and had normal weight. These results were also published on Neurobiology of Aging magazine several years ago.
Therefore, obesity does not only affect our memory, cause depression but also make our brain grow old quicker and lose the necessary amount of white matter. Although further researches of scientists in Cambridge University showed that overweight people still have IQ in a relative rate, the shortage of white matter (the important neurotransmitter) can still cause complications of brain and sensuous diseases.
Therefore, if you are an obese person and just finish reading this article, start doing the following things immediately:
- Build a diet having all three types of nutrients (carbohydrate, protein, and good fat) and an amount of calories under necessary standard every day (from 2000 to 2200 kcal)
- Stop eating junk foods which are fried many times and high in harmful fat.
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your supper (broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, cabbage, beans, legumes, blueberries, watermelon, lemon, strawberries, raspberries, orange, and so on)
- Have the least coffee each day, sleep on time, and keep your mind comfortable.
- Get away from your laptop or smart phone and take some useful exercises or play any sports you like
- Drink a lot of water (two cups per day can increase metabolism up to 40 percent within only 15 to 20 minutes)
- Using detox diet, which requires you to only drink several types of juice. This method is widely used but needs doctor’s advice before being applied.
- Taking diet pills. The best diet pills for women are produced more than for men. However, there are some supplements for both genders that you can use, such as Fenfast, PhenQ, or Garcinia Cambogia. Each type has its own benefits and is appropriate for different objects. Therefore, it is recommended to ask for your therapist’s opinions before taking anything.
- If you find it hard to control your craving and often feel hungry try some appetite suppressants. They will help you harness your hunger and eat less. Some over the counter appetite suppressants are Appetite Away, Swisse Appetite Suppressant, or Lipo Loss. Similar to weight loss pills, you need doctor’s advice before using those supplements.
Remember, the quicker you want to lose weight, the harder for you to do that. Just be patient with a healthy lifestyle and you will have the best result. And if you want to live longer and have a healthy brain, start losing weight now!